Building Expansion Project
The dream began in 2008. In 2011, this dream becomes a reality.
In 2008, a group of pastors and leaders began to dream about creating a new space on our main campus, strategically directed towards ministering to our children and families. On Anniversary Weekend at APC (April 30/May 1, 2011), we announced that this dream is now a reality as we embark on a new project that will help APC minister to children better than ever. We will be building an extension to our present facility and target Summer 2013 for completion!
We will be building a two floor, 8,500 square foot extension to our present building next to the existing chapel. The first floor will be for our newborns to senior kindergarten-aged children, along with a larger mom’s room and quiet room. The second floor will house our grades ones and twos and our multi-purpose children's worship center.
The expansion will accomplish the following objectives:
- Better reach, teach, care and disciple children from newborn to grade 5
- Improved learning environments that encourage creative and cognitive thought (each room will have a reading center, art center, play area and story platform where the stories of Bible can come to life)
- Increased security for our children (self and aided check-in)
- Foster community among our families
- Community among our regional churches
Let’s take a look at the plans…
The new extension, the children’s wing, will be built off of the south foyer/Chapel area. ▼
Families will enter the children’s wing at a central entrance. ▼
Parents will be able to drop off their children at a central check-in desk to attend programs. Currently, parents with multiple children must drop their children to various parts of the building. ▼
Newly designed children’s rooms will facilitate fun, high energy, creative and effective teaching. ▼
A flexible second floor meeting room will be built to accommodate student ministry meetings of up to 150 people.▼
New, attractive stage area in meeting room.▼
For more information about the building designs please contact Claudette Perry in the church office [firstname.lastname@example.org | 416-291-9575 ext. 236].
Doing our part:
Download a copy of the pledge cards. Once you fill them out, you will keep one, and the other you can submit to the church office.
How can I give?
Always mark your offering with “Building” and choose one of the following:
- Offering time in church services
- Online giving http://www.apchurch.com/contribute/
- Debit machine (in the Main Foyer)
- Pre-authorized withdrawals (forms are available in the pew)